Nothing is worse than taking a summer road trip far from home and having car trouble. So here is a quick check list to help prevent that from happening.
Check this list first:
• Make sure your vehicle’s owner’s manual is in the car. Hopefully you won’t need it.
• Take your car in for a check-up and top off all the fluids, including oil, transmission and power steering and brake fluids. A
• Do a visual inspection. Look at all the lights, the wipers and the wheels.
• Look at the battery terminals and make sure they are clean. If not a little baking soda and water will do the job.
• Check your tire pressure – first thing in the morning while they’re cool.
You’ll probably want to use the AC. Start the car and run it on high. If it’s not cool enough – take the car into the shop and have them check the cooling agents.