By Kathleen Perricone
“Weird Al” Yankovic is back with his special brand of musical spoofs!
His new (and 14th!) album, Mandatory Fun, is out now, and one song that has really gone viral is his take on Pharrell‘s “Happy,” “Tacky,” thanks to its video, which stars Jack Black, Eric Stonestreet, Margaret Cho, Aisha Tyler, and Kristen Schaal.
“I had designed the video to be shot entirely in one take – which wound up being a bit of a challenge because it begins with me singing on a 5th floor fire escape, and it ends with me on street level in completely different clothes,” Weird Al tells On Air with Ryan Seacrest. “So for every single take, as soon as the camera was off me, I had to run as fast as I could down 5 flights of stairs – while changing my clothes! – so I could be ready for my next entrance. I definitely got my exercise THAT day!”
Weird Al also provided us with five facts we didn’t know about him, and naturally, he put a comedic spin on the simple question. Check out what he told us:
1. My secret ATM code number is 2727.
2. I am not the slightest bit allergic to cilantro. Not the slightest bit.
3. Every morning I like to eat banana pudding out of bowls made from the hollowed-out skulls of my enemies.
4. My favorite prime number? 43.
5. Sometimes I make cash on the side by playing smooth jazz on the saxophone (under the name “Kenny G”).
6. I’m not very good at counting.
Mandatory Fun is available on iTunes now here!