About 2/3 of us will be hitting the stores this Friday to take advantage of the deals. Here's where to go...and where NOT to go this holiday season! Thanks WalletHub for the info!
- Belk, JCPenney and Stage are 2018’s Best Stores for Black Friday, offering an average discount of at least 62.1%.
- Over 10% of items will be more expensive on Black Friday than they currently are on Amazon.com.
- Jewelry will offer the most value on Black Friday 2018 relative to their current prices, while computers & phones are expected to be the least rewarding deals.
- 35% of people plan to spend more than $500 on holiday shopping in 2018 (vs. 33% last year), according to WalletHub’s 2018 Holiday Shopping Survey.
- Disney, iTunes and Visa top the list of 2018’s Best Gift Cards.
- Consumers can save $500+ with one of 2018’s Best Credit Cards for Holiday Shopping.
- Most consumers already have access to little-known credit card benefits that can really come in handy over the holidays, including price-drop protection and coverage for damaged or stolen items.
- All store credit cards do not charge an annual fee, and the average card offering rewards in the form of discounts gives you more than 29% off your first purchase, according to WalletHub’s 2018 Store Card Landscape Report.
- Most of the major retailers offering 0% financing use a dangerous feature called deferred interest, which has the potential to make holiday purchases up to 27.5 times more expensive than expected.