Is Your Child's Screen Time Problematic?
Taking away all screens from our kids in today's times is just unrealistic. You use screens in classrooms these days. So, when is it too much or even dangerous? I know my OWN screen time use is problematic for me so I'd be curious to see what's up with my kids and their screen time use!
There's this quiz you can take to get a better idea from a professor of psychology at Central Michigan University.
Here are the questions. Rate your answers from 1 (never) to 5 (always):
1. It is hard for my child to stop using screen media.
2. Screen media is the only thing that seems to motivate my child.
3. Screen media is all that my child seems to think about.
4. My child’s screen media use interferes with family activities.
5. My child’s screen media use causes problems for the family.
6. My child becomes frustrated when he/she cannot use screen media.
7. The amount of time my child wants to use screen media keeps increasing.
8. My child sneaks using screen media.
9. When my child has had a bad day, screen media seems to be the only thing that helps him/her feel better.